Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cartes Pokémon EV6.5 : où trouver le Bundle Lot 6 Boosters Fable ...
Voir le deal

V43 Buy it or not?

+2
had5150
Grandmaster
6 participants
AuteurMessage
Grandmaster
Débutant
Débutant

V43 Buy it or not? Empty
MessageSujet: V43 Buy it or not?   V43 Buy it or not? EmptyJeu 9 Nov - 7:25

I've been studying the V43 News for months now.
Now I#ve got the opportunity to get one at last from dixcom.

But I'm starting to think, if it is still a good player now. It has been out there for almost one year now and we still do not know, when it is going to be released or if it is ever going to be officially released outside of Korea. There are also new Digital Cube Players.

Would it be better to just get a creative Zen Vision M 60 GB ?

If I choose to take the v43 ... which bugs have been fixed? is it possible to seek in mpeg movies now? how is the player at all now ( last news I read about firmware are few months old ) - are there any contras like pooor sound quality e.g.?

is it important, that the player does not support the h.264 codec? other players like iubi blue or p2 from viliv do support it right?

so just tell me if the seeking function has been fixed and the loss pf data qt qtopia when battery's empty too.

thanks a lot
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
had5150
Modérateur
Modérateur
had5150

V43 Buy it or not? Empty
MessageSujet: Re: V43 Buy it or not?   V43 Buy it or not? EmptyJeu 9 Nov - 7:36

you can't install QTOPIA on the Creative PMP...

In fact it depends of what you want. But be sure that the new i-station products, and especially the S43 NetForce, are really good relative to the V43. Archos PMP and Ipod are really worst, dont pay attention to them.

The V43 is still a good PMP because even if it was launched a year ago, the european market is 2 years late, so you still have 1 one year beforehand. Very Happy

In addition, the V43 screen is larger than the Creative one with a better resolution which is much confortable to watch videos don't you think ?

Hope this give you answers.

A+

had5150
pince
Membre Hyper-Actif
Membre Hyper-Actif
pince

V43 Buy it or not? Empty
MessageSujet: Re: V43 Buy it or not?   V43 Buy it or not? EmptyJeu 9 Nov - 13:14

-Impossible to seek mpeg2
-Better quality sound
-Raw fil supported
-No h.264
-New Qtopia for a real PDA used
-You can read, world, exel, powerpoint, and Flash 2.0 document without any convertion juste COPY/PAST
Grandmaster
Débutant
Débutant

V43 Buy it or not? Empty
MessageSujet: Re: V43 Buy it or not?   V43 Buy it or not? EmptyJeu 9 Nov - 17:48

don't misunderstand me.... I was reall for this player and been studying all news for months until I became angry at DC that they didn't reelease the player in times , they promised to again and again....

all functions and the good screen are great - Really

what I wonder about mpeg videos ... wasn't it possbile to seek them with the mplayer in qtopia?

I don't want to watch all movies from the beginning again if I have to stop them or something

there's still the iubi blue, which comes maybe in december to europe / german rebranded to maxfield for about 300 € .... can't use a player, if I can't watch mpegs with it

can I read pdf with the player just by drag and drop them on it?
pince
Membre Hyper-Actif
Membre Hyper-Actif
pince

V43 Buy it or not? Empty
MessageSujet: Re: V43 Buy it or not?   V43 Buy it or not? EmptyVen 10 Nov - 4:45

Yes for PDF cheers

But you need Qtopia Very Happy ( or the NEW QTOPIA)
Grandmaster
Débutant
Débutant

V43 Buy it or not? Empty
MessageSujet: Re: V43 Buy it or not?   V43 Buy it or not? EmptyVen 10 Nov - 14:43

What I wanted to ask again, because I didn't understand .

I can't seek in mpeg movies - this means that I can't stop a movie and resume later at the same time, but have to watch that movie from the beginning - right?

This means to me that I can't watch any movie, because I can watch only an hour at the way to the university.... So I will need to get another player right?

The other way would be if I would watch those movies through mplayer, which might be implemented in the NEW QTOPIA.

Sooooo is there any way to watch mpeg movies on the player, so I can watch them half and start watching again at the same position later when I turn the player on again after few hours?

second thing would be.... does QTOPIA lose all data when battery is empty or when I change the battery?

I sent the money to Dixcom for the V43 30 GB Navi with 2 extra batteries today and I'm looking forward to geting it in 2 -3 weeks. If things, that I mentioned abovedo not work, I won't keep the player, but sell it again on Ebay or whatever.

Thanks for your help and answers

By the way... could you write a short list of applications, that are already done for the player until now? like psx emulator or Qtopia etc. and what I can do with those? ( e.g. can I synchronize Qtopia with google calendar etc.? )
zeroqi
Membre Actif
Membre Actif
zeroqi

V43 Buy it or not? Empty
MessageSujet: Re: V43 Buy it or not?   V43 Buy it or not? EmptySam 11 Nov - 8:02

it ounly touch mpeg, not avi/divx, player propose by default to take back from where you left...
Grandmaster
Débutant
Débutant

V43 Buy it or not? Empty
MessageSujet: Re: V43 Buy it or not?   V43 Buy it or not? EmptySam 11 Nov - 13:41

ok what I mean is: Can I forward-wind mpeg videos? Or do I have to watch them from the beginning?
odeyssus
Membre Hyper-Actif
Membre Hyper-Actif
odeyssus

V43 Buy it or not? Empty
MessageSujet: Re: V43 Buy it or not?   V43 Buy it or not? EmptySam 11 Nov - 15:52

zeroqi a écrit:
it ounly touch mpeg, not avi/divx, player propose by default to take back from where you left...

Grandmaster a écrit:
ok what I mean is: Can I forward-wind mpeg videos? Or do I have to watch them from the beginning?

Zeroqi is meaning that only mpeg has a forward/wind problem. (but it works fine with avi/divx).
By chance, the pmp store the exact position of the movie when you turn off, to prevent yourself to watch again the beginning of the film.

Best Regards, Odeyssus.
http://www.owendia.com
Grandmaster
Débutant
Débutant

V43 Buy it or not? Empty
MessageSujet: Re: V43 Buy it or not?   V43 Buy it or not? EmptySam 11 Nov - 17:00

Ok resuming may help a little, but its still not perfect.

so can i forward with the player, that is in qtopia? I'm already thinking of the creative Zen Vision M as an alternative. Let's see.
odeyssus
Membre Hyper-Actif
Membre Hyper-Actif
odeyssus

V43 Buy it or not? Empty
MessageSujet: Re: V43 Buy it or not?   V43 Buy it or not? EmptySam 11 Nov - 17:29

Grandmaster a écrit:
Ok resuming may help a little, but its still not perfect.

so can i forward with the player, that is in qtopia? I'm already thinking of the creative Zen Vision M as an alternative. Let's see.

You can't forward mpeg with the player V43 actually. Maybe this problem would be corrected in future. Please look in "Concurrence" folder before looking after Zen Vision, Apple nor Zune solutions.

https://passion-v43.motards.net/viewtopic.forum?t=595

Lots of very high tech corean pmp will be sell soon.
Cowon N5, istation S43, Maxian D900 and Vilip P2.
(and of course the UPPC VEGA in windows XP)
with windows CE for S43 & Maxian D900.

If you want free sofware for your PMP, using Unix instead of WinCE, then the V43 is really the best choice. Cause lots of soft are shareware for the windows CE.
According to me, most films can be converted either in DIVX or XVID from a DVD rather than MPEG2, and i don't really understand the interest in using MPG2 cause this compression format is lower than XVID and DIVX and that causes files to be larger.
And you have only 30Go to store your movie !!!
And you can forward XVID and DIVX that's great !!!

Think about this... V43 isn't perfect but imagine all you can do with it : PMP + PDA + Games + Internet (with wifi)... that's really magic !!! cheers
Grandmaster
Débutant
Débutant

V43 Buy it or not? Empty
MessageSujet: Re: V43 Buy it or not?   V43 Buy it or not? EmptyDim 12 Nov - 15:06

OHHHHH I know, how great that player is indeed. I'm studying news about it since it was released in Korea. I have always wantged to get one, but I didn't want tot get it from Korea directly because of the high custom charges.

I know, that it is one of the best players on the market and all extra functions are great, really.

Divx/ xvid also is better than mpeg2, but I do not have the time to convert all the movies. I'm getting most of my movies as mpeg2, so this format is important to me.
This is also a reason, why I do not get just a meizu m6 or something else, because I need codec support and I want all codecs to be supported.

The Mpeg matter is a problem to me, so I'm gonna think about it a little.
Why can't digital cube just fix this? is it so hard to do that? is it some kind of hardware problem?

maybe there is some program, that i can forward mpeg files on the v43?
pince
Membre Hyper-Actif
Membre Hyper-Actif
pince

V43 Buy it or not? Empty
MessageSujet: Re: V43 Buy it or not?   V43 Buy it or not? EmptyDim 12 Nov - 15:48

Grandmaster a écrit:
OHHHHH I know, how great that player is indeed. I'm studying news about it since it was released in Korea. I have always wantged to get one, but I didn't want tot get it from Korea directly because of the high custom charges.

I know, that it is one of the best players on the market and all extra functions are great, really.

Divx/ xvid also is better than mpeg2, but I do not have the time to convert all the movies. I'm getting most of my movies as mpeg2, so this format is important to me.
This is also a reason, why I do not get just a meizu m6 or something else, because I need codec support and I want all codecs to be supported.

The Mpeg matter is a problem to me, so I'm gonna think about it a little.
Why can't digital cube just fix this? is it so hard to do that? is it some kind of hardware problem?

maybe there is some program, that i can forward mpeg files on the v43?

Waiting for the S43 but i don't think that it will FIX because mpeg 2 is very HARD to play scratch
Grandmaster
Débutant
Débutant

V43 Buy it or not? Empty
MessageSujet: Re: V43 Buy it or not?   V43 Buy it or not? EmptyLun 13 Nov - 1:09

Now, after you have written so often about new players coming, I think; I will cancel getting the V43... DC does nothing to make Europeans happy and I don't want an old piece of technology. Today I will see, if I'm getting it or A Zen Vsion M instead.

All because of the mpeg2 problem, if I am true Smile
had5150
Modérateur
Modérateur
had5150

V43 Buy it or not? Empty
MessageSujet: Re: V43 Buy it or not?   V43 Buy it or not? EmptyLun 13 Nov - 1:59

Grandmaster a écrit:
Now, after you have written so often about new players coming, I think; I will cancel getting the V43... DC does nothing to make Europeans happy and I don't want an old piece of technology. Today I will see, if I'm getting it or A Zen Vsion M instead.

All because of the mpeg2 problem, if I am true Smile

it's old in Korea but not here... the V43 is still most compatible has so more fonctions than all the others PMPs we can have easily in Europe (Archos ones and ipod video).

Think about it.

A+

had5150
raisingd
Débutant
Débutant

V43 Buy it or not? Empty
MessageSujet: Re: V43 Buy it or not?   V43 Buy it or not? EmptyJeu 16 Nov - 10:32

OK two things :

1. The MPEG problem is a result of mpeg format since the bitrate isn't unified throught the all video ( one second might be 1.4 mb per second and another 1 mb per second) so youll need a good processor and program for it {see how old computer can't play DVD for that reason})

2. Linux or Unix is better then Win(CE and any other) cause of the security issue and the comptability issue. when you run WinCe you get a generic program ( written for every processor with winCE capabilities) but Embeded Linux or Unix systems are designed for that specific divice/components (QTopia is designed in a winCe like way but the base is a kernel written for the device )
odeyssus
Membre Hyper-Actif
Membre Hyper-Actif
odeyssus

V43 Buy it or not? Empty
MessageSujet: Re: V43 Buy it or not?   V43 Buy it or not? EmptyJeu 16 Nov - 10:39

raisingd a écrit:
OK two things :

1. The MPEG problem is a result of mpeg format since the bitrate isn't unified throught the all video ( one second might be 1.4 mb per second and another 1 mb per second) so youll need a good processor and program for it {see how old computer can't play DVD for that reason})

2. Linux or Unix is better then Win(CE and any other) cause of the security issue and the comptability issue. when you run WinCe you get a generic program ( written for every processor with winCE capabilities) but Embeded Linux or Unix systems are designed for that specific divice/components (QTopia is designed in a winCe like way but the base is a kernel written for the device )

That's why i think seriously to buy a V43 in order to test it !!! cheers
raisingd
Débutant
Débutant

V43 Buy it or not? Empty
MessageSujet: Re: V43 Buy it or not?   V43 Buy it or not? EmptyJeu 16 Nov - 11:18

Twoareas where the s43 is better:

1) screen: better resolution

2)conectivity: The built in wifi /HSDPA
odeyssus
Membre Hyper-Actif
Membre Hyper-Actif
odeyssus

V43 Buy it or not? Empty
MessageSujet: Re: V43 Buy it or not?   V43 Buy it or not? EmptyJeu 16 Nov - 12:43

raisingd a écrit:
Twoareas where the s43 is better:

1) screen: better resolution

2)conectivity: The built in wifi /HSDPA

According to Pince and ToiNe, WIFI is not available actually in S43 No
Grandmaster
Débutant
Débutant

V43 Buy it or not? Empty
MessageSujet: Re: V43 Buy it or not?   V43 Buy it or not? EmptyJeu 16 Nov - 13:25

ihabe mir ein motorola razr v3 mit already sent the money for the player, so I'm ver happy to call it my own soon Smile

You mentioned, that it is the processor, but isn't the amd alchemy strong enough? I don't think that the processor in the Creative Zen Vision M is stronger than the one in the V43? Suspect
Grandmaster
Débutant
Débutant

V43 Buy it or not? Empty
MessageSujet: Re: V43 Buy it or not?   V43 Buy it or not? EmptyJeu 16 Nov - 13:52

Maybe it is a little too early, but I want to be well prepared, so

I'm getting a brand new V43 in a week or so,

what do I hav eto do?

Install the new firmware? Install Qtopia- where from?
How do I install all kinds of stuff ( I want it ALL Wink ) Very Happy

Is there any Faq in english, where I can read about that?
had5150
Modérateur
Modérateur
had5150

V43 Buy it or not? Empty
MessageSujet: Re: V43 Buy it or not?   V43 Buy it or not? EmptyJeu 16 Nov - 15:16

you can find a complete doc on www.coolzet.com for firmware installation. For QTOPIA, one of members has made an howto but it is in french...

A+

had5150
Contenu sponsorisé

V43 Buy it or not? Empty
MessageSujet: Re: V43 Buy it or not?   V43 Buy it or not? Empty

V43 Buy it or not?
Page 1 sur 1